Find the newest entries and information about FALCONESS events here.
- Seminar: Aspects of Materials, Architecture, Structures, and Gender Equity in Sustainable Urban Development in Africaby Urbanafrica21Wednesday, 22. September 2021 SES Conference Room, School of Engineering Sciences, Annie Jiagge Rd, University of Ghana 9:00 – 12:30 Aspects of Materials, Architecture, Structures, and Gender Equity in Sustainable Urban Development in Africa 09:00-9:15: Welcome on behalf of UG, BAM, BMBF (PAWS) and RILEM Prof. David Dodoo- Arhin, University of Ghana, Ghana Dr. Wolfram […]
- FALCONESS Kick-off meeting in Accraby Urbanafrica21Between 20 and 24 September the FALCONESS Kick-off meeting will take place. Despite the difficult times, it was possible to organise a joint meeting of the project group as well as external experts who can contribute to the discussions. The one-week workshop will be held at Hillburi, Aburi. The first day is dedicated to technical […]
- African gender brainteaser or why African women always seem to be smarter than their male counterpartsby Urbanafrica21I’ve been blessed to see quite a number of countries and places on the African continent. Being in contact with so many different cultures and being able to learn from it is a blessing in itself. And getting a deeper insight in the incredibly diverse richness of African cultures, histories, and social interactions, which can […]
- Disrupting the status quo: Science editionby Urbanafrica21By Nonkululeko Radebe To whom does science belong? It has proven to be quite a challenge to write a comprehensive essay about dismantling or disrupting the status quo in science. I suppose to tackle the issue one has to possess some knowledge about the existing state of affairs in science. Firstly, what does a scientist […]
- Prof. Risikat Dauda chair for gender and urban environment session at 29th IAFFE Annual Conferenceby Urbanafrica21Prof. Risikat Dauda, member of the FALCONESS team, will chair a session on Gender and Urban Environments, and her team will present a paper on environmental exposures and maternal mortality in Africa during the 29th Annual Conference of the International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE) held in Quito. The presentation will be held on June […]